This should be very interesting. Beginning Monday, 19-Nov-2007, CBC.ca will be delivering a 5-day series on its technology pages about the impact and future of the humble cell phone. Here's what will be covered:
- Day 1: Competition and confusion in the cell phone market place
- Day 2: Wireless competition in Canada and using cell phones instead of debit/credit cards
- Day 3: RIM, Google, and iPhone, the future, and social networking
- Day 4: Wireless technology in the 3rd world and in the human body
- Day 5: Landlines and cell phones, cyborgs, and spirituality
One of the messages to IT professionals - especially IT managers - is to watch out for Gen-Y innovations, one of which is the pervasive appeal and infiltration of mobile devices into the IT infrastructure. This series will claim "we ain't seen nothin' yet!"